Internship insects, flora and large grazers
PWN is in search of passionate students for an internship about insect presence and flora richness in relation to large grazers presence in National Park Zuid-Kennemerland. The focus will be on the impact of grazing in different densities to insect groups like butterflies, moths, grasshoppers and flower abundance. The internship must take place in the period from March/April to September/October 2018 and the group of students must work as a team.
- HBO (2nd year bachelor or higher) or MSc students Biology, Ecology, Environmental sciences or studies that cover basic knowledge about the research topic.
- Minimum Internship period of 20 weeks.
- Responsible, able to work in a team as well as independent and willing to learn.
- Able to perform statistical analysis.
Valuable additional skills:
- Knowledge on entomology and sampling methods.
- Knowledge on the mentioned entomofauna groups and flora present in the dunes will be considered valuable.
- Knowledge on GIS, SPSS or R software.
Interested students can send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org