Internship insects, flora and large grazers
PWN is in search of passionate students for an internship about insect presence and flora richness in relation to large grazers presence in the National Park Zuid-Kennemerland. The focus will be on the impact of grazing in different densities to insect groups like butterflies, moths, grasshoppers and flower abundance. The internship must take place in the period from April to September 2020 and the group of students must work as a team.
The reasearch takes place in one area without large grazers and one area with European bison, highland cattle and konik horses where butterflies, grasshoppers and flower visitors are counted along permanent transects. Besides data on vegetation and flower abundance must be collected.
What does PWN offer you?
Information about your working environment and your specific research topic. Internship allowance. Possibility of accomodation during the internship period for students that live far away.
- HBO (2nd year bachelor or further) or Msc students Biology, Ecology, Environmental sciences or studies that cover basic knowledge about the research topic.
- Internship period of 20 weeks minimum.
- Responsible, able to work in a team as well as independent and willing to learn.
- Able to perform statistical analysis.
Valuable additional skills:
- Knowledge on entomology and sampling methods.
- Knowledge on the mentioned entomofauna groups and flora present in the dunes will be considered valuable.
- Knowledge on GIS, SPSS or R software.
Interested students can send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com